Sunday, January 23, 2011

What I Feed

I just realized that I have never really said much about what I feed Mikko.

After going through several different kinds of dog food when he started to develop his allergies, I decided that I wanted to simplify what I was feeding him. Therefore, I decided that I wanted to try raw!

After doing lots of research and talking with my dog trainer and eventually my holistic vet, I jumped right in and started feeding raw. It was a slow learning process for me and honestly very scary at first. I thought that my dogs were not going to eat their food properly and were going to choke on the bones I was giving them. My dogs proved me wrong; I forgot the simple fact that they are first and foremost animals. I still to this day love watching them eat because you can tell they love it!

I like to think I have my own version of several types of raw diets; therefore instead of just writing a list of what I feed, I thought it might be interesting to see what I feed! Bon appetit! :)

1 comment:

  1. So many dogs suffer from allergies. The raw diet should help...I hope it has. Have you tried therapeutic-grade Lavender Essential Oil? Check out my blogs for more info.
    http://creatingharmonyoils.blogspot.com
    http://holisticbehaviorsolutions.blogspot.com
    ~Dee

    ReplyDelete